Requirements management is a systematic approach to detecting, documenting, organizing, and tracking system change requirements. It is a condition, or opportunity that the system must meet. Requirements management as a systematic approach to –
- Identifying, organizing, and documenting system requirements.
- Establishing, and ensuring coordination between the customer, and the project team on requirements for changing the system
Requirements management: know the function
A project that does not fully meet the set requirements is doomed to go beyond budget, and time constraints, up to the cancellation of the order. Properly formulated requirements for the product, their implementation and monitoring throughout the product development cycle are the key to the success of any project. The solution for managing requirements allows you to organize a single source of product requirements. Typically, requirements are made out in the form of a document or a set of documents.
What are the Opportunities of requirement management?
- Create requirements (manually and using templates).
- Download requirements from external sources (MS Office Word or MS Office Excel) and present them in the form of a structured tree of objects corresponding to paragraphs, paragraphs or separate sentences of the source document.
- Upload requirements in MS Word and Excel formats.
- Link existing requirements with each other, forming a logical structure of requirements.
- Modify, verify and approve requirements.
- Assign responsibility for managing requirements at the enterprise, and constantly verify compliance with requirements throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Link the requirements with the elements of the schedule, which allows you to submit requirements to the tasks of the calendar plan in order to obtain a controlled result.
- Work with requirements in a thin client.
- Create diagrams of requirements objects.
- So, if you are looking for the Integration of requirement management softwares, you must know that this system provides a two-way interface, and supports the RIF’s format.
Advantages and solution
- Identification of requirements and their relationship with the design process at the initial stages of product development provides the choice of the optimal solution.
- Predicting the impact of changes, and making appropriate decisions in order to reduce the risk of possible updates to the product, which create a conflict with the requirements.
- Guaranteed timely launch of products on the market.
In addition, the key to effective requirements management is to ensure that requirements are clearly articulated along with relevant attributes, and traceability for other requirements, and project artefacts.