Vinyl flooring is a type of resilient vinyl flooring, which means it is made from synthetic materials, such as PVC and other polymers, and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. Vinyl flooring comes in a variety of patterns and designs and is commonly used in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and other areas of the home.
Vinyl flooring is a type of floor covering made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic resin. It is available in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures, and is used in both residential and commercial settings. Vinyl flooring is easy to install and maintain and is typically more affordable than other types of flooring. It is often used in bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas of the home where there is a high risk of water damage.
What are the different patterns for vinyl flooring?
The most common patterns for vinyl flooring are wood-look planks, stone-look tiles, and large-scale tiles. Wood-look planks have the look of real wood, but with the added benefits of being waterproof and easy to maintain. Stone-look tiles mimic the look of natural stone and are often used to create a luxurious look. Large-scale tiles are often used in commercial settings and are typically 12”x12” or larger. They can also be used to create a bold, modern look in residential spaces.
- Plank or tile pattern – this is the most common type of vinyl flooring, which comes in planks or tiles of various sizes and shapes.
- Strip pattern – this is a pattern of long, narrow strips of vinyl flooring.
- Parquet pattern – this is a pattern consisting of small, geometric shapes arranged in a repeating pattern.
- Marble pattern – vinyl flooring can be made to look like marble, granite, or any other stone.
- Inlaid pattern – this is a pattern where pieces of different colors and textures are inlaid into the vinyl flooring.
- Geometric pattern – this is a pattern of shapes and lines that create a unique design.
- Solid color pattern – this is a pattern of solid colors, like red, blue, or green.
- Wood grain pattern – this is a pattern that mimics the look of real wood.
Different types of vinyl flooring
- Sheet vinyl: sheet vinyl is the most affordable and easiest-to-install type of vinyl flooring. It comes in large rolls and is cut to fit the shape of the room. It is an excellent choice for high-traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Luxury vinyl tile (LVT): luxury vinyl tile is a durable and attractive alternative to ceramic tile. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns and is available in both plank and tile shapes. It is easy to install, and it is water and scratch-resistant.
- Luxury vinyl plank (EVP): luxury vinyl plank is a popular choice for homeowners looking for wood-look flooring that is easy to install and maintain. It comes in a variety of wood-grain styles and colors, and it is water-resistant and durable.
- Vinyl composition tile (vct): vinyl composition tile is a great choice for commercial and industrial applications. It is highly durable, easy to clean, and comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Peel and stick vinyl: peel and stick vinyl is an easy-to-install, cost-effective option for DIYers.