Watching a newborn baby is like forgetting all your problems. But when you are observing a baby so closely, you also notice how tiny their eyes, nose, and lips are, and maybe even go gaga over the softness of their skin. A newborn baby is delicate in every way, which is why parents must remain careful when choosing any skin-related products for their baby.
Baby care products are the first thing that you will ever buy for your newborn because you will have to keep the child clean and fresh. There are a lot of wipes available on the market, even for adults who want to refresh themselves. But you can’t buy the same wipes you buy for yourself for the baby, too.
Adult wet wipes are loaded with chemicals and artificial fragrances, which you should avoid using on your baby.If you want to prevent your child from having any allergic reaction to the so-called ‘natural wipes’, consider these factors before buying any products for your little one.
- Read the label thoroughly: Every product on the market claims to be “the best for baby skin,” but this is not the case.You must read the label of the products carefully to make sure they are not loaded with chemicals, parabens, and dyes. Go for products that are free from preservatives, or it is best to stick with the ones recommended by your paediatrician.
- Make sure the ingredients aren’t allergic: Your baby’s delicate skin might not be able to tolerate some chemicals, which is why you must look for signs of allergies in your baby whenever you apply a new product like lotion or use a wipe. Discontinue the product if there are any signs of allergies, and even make sure the products you buy are tested for allergies.
- Look for natural products: Products that are loaded with chemicals will lure you with their soothing fragrances, but you need to steer clear of them. Opt for natural or herbal products that contain no preservatives so that your baby’s skin is not met with an allergic reaction.
- Check products’ efficacy: To check the efficacy of the baby products before buying, check if they are dermatologically tested and approved by pediatricians. Only if you get a green signal from the doctor on a particular product, then you must buy it.
- Stay away from artificial fragrances: Artificial fragrances will irritate your baby’s sensitive skin, which is why you need to stay away from them and stick to natural products with no added flavours or fragrances. You must prioritise your baby’s sensitive skin over any great-smelling baby products.
When choosing baby care products, you must focus on quality instead of quantity. Products that are made with the baby’s sensitive skin in consideration are definitely more expensive than the others, but they are worth the investment. If you are still in doubt despite checking the labels, you must consult your doctor to make sure you are not compromising your baby’s health.