The physique of your pets begins to deteriorate as they age. They will not obtain as much nourishment from their diets. Their liver will fail to expel as many toxins, and their brain will begin to slow. Older dogs require a boost as they age. Give them natural pet supplements from Singapore pet supplies stores to provide them with the nutrients they need to live a healthy and pleasant life.
The following are seven pet supplements from Singapore pet supplies stores to help keep your beloved pooch in tip-top shape.
The microbiota of your dog may become imbalanced as they age. Probiotics for senior dogs can help improve the diversity and amount of bacteria in the stomach. Soil-based probiotics are the most effective at this. These bacteria create spores and have a covering that protects them from heat, stomach acids, and most antibiotics. Look for dog probiotics at Singapore pet supplies stores with ten or more strains of bacteria and 30 billion or more CFU (colony forming units). It will ensure that at least part of the probiotics reaches the colon.
Prebiotics is different from the dog probiotics you buy at Singapore pet stores. Prebiotic fibres pass through the digestive tract and ferment in the colon. It produces short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), which can reduce inflammation, improve gut health, and lessen the risk of illness. Prebiotics nourish the beneficial microorganisms in their intestines. They will increase the number of species and make the probiotics more effective. Prebiotic supplements such as FOS (fructooligosaccharides) and inulin are available. Prebiotic-rich meals for your dog include chicory root, garlic, burdock root, and dandelion greens.
#3 Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzymes aid in the breakdown of food, allowing your dog to absorb nutrients more effectively. While dogs naturally create digestive enzymes, production declines as they age. If your dog consumes prepared meals, they are at a higher risk of deficiency. It is because heat destroys enzymes. This absence of enzymes can reduce stress resistance and expand the pancreas and other smaller organs, including the brain. To improve their enzyme intake, offer them enzyme-rich meals. However, never put digestive enzymes on hot food since the heat will destroy them.
Buying pet supplements at Singapore pet stores, such as pre- and probiotics, can be a quick method to add digestive enzymes to their food. When purchasing a nutritional supplement for your older dog, ensure it is for dogs. Additionally, look for a product that includes the pancreas. It is high in enzymes and may even assist the body in producing more of its own.
There are also pet supplements at Singapore vet clinics and pet stores that provide dogs with antioxidants. As your dog ages, its body becomes more vulnerable to oxidative stress, particularly in the brain. When their body has an overabundance of free radicals, they suffer from oxidative stress.
Free radicals are unstable chemicals that assault other cells, causing DNA, proteins, and cell membranes to be damaged. Antioxidants aid in regulating free radicals, preventing them from hurting your dog. Berries are a fantastic source of antioxidants for your pets if you want to go natural. One of the few dietary antioxidants that can protect the brain from oxidative stress is anthocyanin, found in berries. Berries are also prebiotic foods, which is an extra plus.
#5 Vitamin C
Look for pet supplements at Singapore vet clinics and pet supplies stores containing Vitamin C. It is a vital antioxidant that aids in tissue growth, calcium formation, and adrenal gland maintenance. Your dog, unlike you, can make his own vitamin C. But, like digestive enzymes, his output diminishes as he gets older. It implies that your elderly dog will require this vital vitamin in their food as supplementary items. Natural whole food vitamin and mineral sources are the best option for dogs.
#6 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory chemicals that help maintain the health of cell membranes. They also aid in preventing cognitive decline, the maintenance of healthy joints, and the enhancement of the immune system. Most dogs do not get enough omega-3s. Therefore, you will need to supplement their food with pet supplements available at Singapore pet supplies stores. Omega-3 Fatty Acids can help rebuild cartilage, making them one of the best supplements for arthritis in elderly dogs.
Another great source of nutrients that can help keep your senior dogs healthy is mushrooms. As previously said, they are high in prebiotics and will benefit their intestinal health. However, mushrooms offer several additional significant advantages for senior dogs. You can look for the following mushrooms to serve as pet supplements at your local Singapore grocery store:
A. Lion’s Mane
– It is beneficial to the brain and can aid cognitive function as your dog ages. Lion’s Mane also benefits the nervous system and can help in treating spinal disorders and anxiety. The mushroom also promotes fat and sugar metabolism to aid weight control and blood sugar levels in diabetic dogs.
B. Turkey Tail
– This mushroom provides significant immunological support. It can aid cancer management by prolonging life periods in dogs with hemangiosarcoma.
– It helps maintain cardiac, digestive, and liver health in senior dogs. It contains plant-based antioxidants that help to prevent free radical damage.
– It is abundant in ergosterol, an antioxidant molecule. Cordyceps can aid in the maintenance of healthy skin, liver, and kidneys.
– Phellinus is a powerful immune-boosting mushroom to serve as a pet nutrient supplement from your local Singapore grocery store. It is beneficial to cells and detoxifying processes.
– Maitake is abundant in the antioxidant glutathione and is high in beta-glucans and D-fraction. Many studies show it as a potent immune system booster.
– Reishi is known as the “immortality mushroom”. Reishi mushrooms are high in triterpenoids, ganoderic acid, and antioxidants. It also has properties that can help your dog fight inflammation and allergies.
– Shiitake mushrooms have been demonstrated to aid with digestion and urinary health. It can also help with normal allergic reactions.
Pet Health Global is a firm that specialises in managing pet health and wellness. They only employ high-quality natural ingredients that deliver nature’s wisdom in the form of pain treatment for a variety of illnesses. They manufacture all their goods in GMP facilities. It implies that your companion’s supplements are subject to the same safety and quality regulations as yours. They offer various pet wellness products, from pet vitamin supplements to eye drops. Visit their website for more information.